The Blagrave Trust is looking for new a Trustee to support us to bring lasting change to the lives of young people; investing in them as powerful forces for change and acting upon their right to be heard in pursuit of a fair and just society.
The Blagrave Trust is keen to ensure that our board represents as many skills, disciplines, and thinkers, with a range of both lived and professional experience, as possible. As such we are really keen to complement our current trustees’ skills with a trustee who has experience or interest in one or more of the below areas:
- Youth-led change/ youth work
- Campaigning or organising around issues of a social justice nature
- Climate justice activism
- Legal expertise
- Property, housing, community-led property development, land justice
- Investments, community wealth building, economic justice
We would encourage you to read more on our about page, where you can find more about our mission, values and our vision on how we can as an organisation tackle the issues that matter to young people.
The Trustee will work with the other trustees to hold the organisation to account, supporting Blagrave to live its values, advance its strategic aims and ultimately support young people. Where appropriate you will also support and challenge the CEO and ensure that the Board functions as a unit and works closely with the entire Executive of the charity to achieve agreed objectives.
• Uphold Blagrave’s focus on its core ambitions.
• Advise on the charity’s strategic direction and financial stability.
• Approve the organisational strategy and annual budget.
• Set and monitor the performance and risk parameters of the Trust.
• Use specific skills, knowledge and experience to help the Board reach sound decisions.
• Keep up to date with charity law, company law and the environment in which the Trust operates.
• Maintain appropriate confidentiality, abiding by the charity’s code of conduct and disclosing any conflicts of interest.
• Ensure that the Charity operates within its charitable objectives and be an active part of providing the trust with a clear strategic direction.
• Ensure that the organisation is able to regularly review major risks and associated opportunities; and satisfy itself that systems are in place to take advantage of opportunities and manage and mitigate the risks.
• Ensure that the Board fulfils its duties to ensure sound financial health of the charity, with systems in place to ensure financial accountability.
• Be an ambassador for and if appropriate act as a spokesperson for the Blagrave Trust.
• From time to time represent the charity at sector external functions, meetings and events.
Efficiency and effectiveness
• Serve as an active and engaged Trustee, ensuring that decisions are taken in the best, long-term interests of the Charity and that the Board takes collective ownership.
• Monitor that decisions taken at meetings are implemented.
Deadline for applications: Friday 14th April 2023
Mock board meeting: w/c 8th May
Interviews with Blagrave: w/c 15th May
If interested, please read and download the job description here, and apply in writing by submitting a brief CV and covering letter outlining what you believe you will bring to this role to firstname.lastname@example.org and completing our equal opportunities form.
The successful candidate will be appointed subject to DBS checks and references at the Blagrave full Board Meeting on June 21st June 2023 (in person).
Should you have any questions about this application process please contact the Blagrave team on the following email address: email@example.com