Our core focus is the 14-25 years age group, with a mission to enable them to make a successful transition to adulthood.
Our funding covers three areas of work:
- Funding to outstanding youth focused charities supporting young people aged 14-25. Read more about how we make decisions: here.
- Funding that supports young people to lead change themselves, have a voice in society and participate and be listened to in decisions affecting their lives.
- Funding that address root causes of the issues we see manifest in young people’s problems and that support advocacy, policy, research or campaigning.
We believe all young people have a right to access high quality services that enables them to develop the skills, experience and capabilities they need to succeed at school, in work and in life. We prioritize work with young people whose needs are greatest and in areas where there are higher rates of poverty.
We provide core funding and therefore support organisations whose mission is clearly aligned with our own – mainly prioritising organisations that work exclusively or primarily with young people. Our minimum grant level is £10,000, maximum grant is £100,000 and our average grant amount is £25-£30k pa. We want to work with charities in a deep and impactful way.
Our main geographic area is in the South of England across Berkshire, Hampshire, Sussex and Wiltshire. We rarely fund national organisations who want to expand their work locally, prioritising those that are locally rooted. We do fund some high impact, national programmes of work, but tend to identify these proactively ourselves.
If you are unsure as to whether your work is of interest to us, then you are welcome to get in touch.
We do not fund:
- Capital grants or building projects;
- Charities where our grant will comprise more than 20% of total turnover;
- General recreational or social activities;
- Promotion of religion.